On the new map, I'm planning to have a very long road. This road will connect as many peoples houses or "bases" as possible, and have a tunnel underneath for safe travel. This might not sound amazing, but I think it will really help bring people together a bit more. If you'd like to extend the road yourself, feel free. Of course you don't have to stay near the road, you could just run off (again) and make whatever you like far away. On that note, I'd like to point out some rules of the new map, which either didn't exist on the prievious one, or that nobody listened to *grumpy face*.
- No griefing. This includes stealing, burning, you know, nasty stuff.
- No flying structures. This includes being supported by 1x1 towers in a corner. If you want to make something tall, give it some big supporting legs so it doesn't look retarded.
- If you REALLY want to make a flying structure, like a UFO or balloon, prove to me your amazing at building first, AND build it miles away.
- No building near the spawn point (at least 50 blocks) ARGH NETHERACK NO.
- No cheating. If want lots of diamonds or whatever easily, don't use a see through texture pack, just go and play creative mode.
- Put signs everywhere so we know what belongs to who.
- Don't build next to someones house without asking them first. If they're not online use the chat page of this blog and/or leave some signs up on their house.
- You can claim spaces by puttings a fence or cobble wall around them, but you can't claim whole ravines or caves. That being said, be considerate, don't mine directly under someones house or in their mines.
Read this too.
The "official" currency on the server will be GOLD COINS (nuggets) just like FREAKING MARIO. 9 "coins" makes an ingot, and 9 ingots makes a block. Yes you can change between the 3 with a crafting table. You don't have to use this system, you can trade in sheep if you like, but I'd like to encourage everyone who wants to sell stuff regularly to put their prices in this shiny system. Here's a picture I tried to take of what the currency looks like in my texture pack. Everything kept rolling off the tabe because I have no hand eye coordination and gold is slippery.
Well done for reading this far, now for the important whitelist-related bit.
The server whitelist has gotten rather full, there's about 40 people on it. To make things simple, I'm going to REMOVE EVERYONE FROM IT DUN DUN DUUUUN. However, if you leave a comment here (or contact me by magic banana or other means), stating your in game-name, I'll check it against the current whitelist, and add you again. Simple.
If you leave a comment saying: "WTF I was removed from the whitelist, what is going on!!!1!", then you won't be added. No offence, but you should read more.
EDIT: A few people will be left on the whitelist actually, so don't comment here until you've tried to connect AFTER I've made the next blog post which will be shouting about how the server is up again.